Infineon Technologies AG has introduced a new half-bridge, 650V rated EiceDRIVER based on the company’s unique SOI technology. The 2ED2304S06F provides leading negative VS transient immunity, monolithic integration of a real diode for bootstrap, and superior latch-up immunity.
Combined with higher frequency switching, these unique features enable more robust, reliable, smaller systems and reduce BOM cost. The half-bridge gate driver is suited for major and small home appliance, low-power drives, and other general inverterized motor drive applications below 1kW.
The EiceDRIVER 2ED supports typical source and sink currents of 360mA and 700mA, respectively, with 310ns and 300ns propagation delays. It is a perfect match for IGBT and MOSFET switches rated up to 650V. The integrated bootstrap diode offers ultra-fast reverse recovery with a typical 36Ω on-resistance. Negative transient voltage (VS) immunity of -100V with repeating pulses provides superior robustness and reliable motor operation.
Additional safety features include integrated dead time with cross-conduction prevention logic and independent under-voltage lockout (UVLO) for high and low side voltage supplies.
The Schmitt trigger logic inputs are compatible with standard CMOS or LSTTL logic down to 3.3V. The output drivers features a high pulse current buffer stage designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. The floating channel can be used to drive an N-channel power MOSFET or IGBT in the high side configuration which operates up to 650V. Additionally, the offline clamping function provides an inherent protection of the parasitic turn-on by floating gate conditions when IC is not supplied.
Summary of Features:
- Infineon thin-film-SOI-technology
- Fully operational to +650V offset voltage
- Integrated ultra-fast, low RDSON bootstrap diode
- Output source/sink current capability +0.36A / -0.7A
- Tolerant to negative transient voltage up to -50V (pulse width is up 500ns) given by SOI-technology
- Gate drive supply range from 10V to 20V
- Independent under-voltage lockout for both channels
- Short propagation delay and delay matching (60ns, Maximum)
- Schmitt trigger inputs with hysteresis and pull down
- 3V, 5V and 15V input logic compatible
- DSO-8, RoHS compliant package
- Integrated Bootstrap Diode for reduced BOM cost
- -100V negative VS increased reliability / robustness
- 50% lower level shift losses leads lower temperature operation and higher reliability
- Latch-up immune increased reliability
- Flexible, small PCB footprint, & easy to use device with footprint compatibility to IRS2304 / IR2304
Electrically and functionally, the half-bridge gate driver is a drop-in replacement for earlier generation devices IR2304SPBF and IRS2304SPBF. The EiceDRIVER 2ED is available in industry standard DSO-8 (SOIC8) package. It is fully production released, production samples can be ordered now. The EiceDRIVER 2ED devices have sample pricing (10 piece) around $0.75 at Arrow.