Mean Well is expanding the 5″x3″ (127mm x 76.2mm) open frame power supply offering to reach 500W output power. So, in addition to the company’s large portfolio of industrial standard 3″x2″, 4″x2″, 5″x3″ products such as the EPS/EPP 15W to 400W power supplies, Mean Well released the 500W high power density EPP-500 series. The power supply features a built-in PFC function.
The EPP-500 open frame power supply is suitable for all types of industrial electronics equipment, electromechanical instrument, factory automation systems, and applications that require low standby power consumption.
Mean Well claims that EPP-500 series’ 500W output is currently the highest available wattage for a 5″x3″ open frame type power supply. The EPP-500 measure 5in by 3in and features 500W output power with 25CFM forced air, 320W output power with cooling by free air convection. The power supply offers 550W peak load capability for 3 seconds and has an operating temperature range of -30℃ to +70℃.
With no load power consumption of < 0.5W the device has 94% high efficiency. The device has 5Vsb and 12Vdc/0.5A auxiliary power and can operate at altitudes up to 5000 meters. In addition, the EPP-500 is compatible with both Class I (with FG) and Class II (no FG) installations, making the power supply suitable for installation in both plastic and metal enclosures.
Mean Well says that the power supply can save system designers time and cost on EMI debugging.
The device offers 80Vac to 264Vac input with built-in PFC functions. It has an LED indicator for power on, and Mean Well backs the power supply with a 3-year warranty.
- 80Vac to 264Vac input with built-in PFC function
- 320W with cooling by free air convection and 500W with 25CFM forced air, 550W peak load (3 seconds)
- Suitable for installation in Class I (with FG) or Class II (no FG) systems
- No load power consumption < 0.5W
- High efficiency up to 94%
- -30℃ +70℃ wide operating temperature range
- Operating altitude up to 5000 meters
- Protections: short circuit/overload/over-voltage/over-temperature
- Additional functions: 5Vsb and 12Vdc/0.5A auxiliary power, voltage compensation, P.G. and P.F. signals
- UL/CUL/TUV/EAC/CB/CE ITE safety approved
- LED indicator for power on
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 127mm x 76.2mm x 40mm
- 3-year warranty