40V to 120V AEC-Q101 Trench MOSFETs in Compact Packaging
Shindengen Electric Manufacturing Co., Ltd. has expanded its lineup with the development of the low-voltage MOSFET EETMOS LF Series, which is suited for use in various consumer and vehicle mounted high current drive circuits, various power supply circuits, relay applications, and more.
In recent years, the automotive market has seen an increase in the number of ECU components installed as a result of the addition of new ECU such as safety devices including heads up displays, the shift to electric automobiles, and automated driving, as well as information device related components.
At the same time, there has also been an increasing focus on improving fuel consumption, and this has resulted in ever-increasing needs for more compact components aimed at making lighter weight ECU.
Shindengen was already engaged in the mass production of MOSFET which meet these needs. However, the development of the compact, high current package LF Series utilizes a new package structure and achieves both lower Ron and lower Qg than conventional products.
- Cu clip internal structure allows for achievement of low Ron and high current in a 5×6 mm size compact package
- Can be used as a replacement for SOP8 and HSON type packages
- Covers a low withstand voltage to medium withstand voltage range of 40V to 120V
- Use of gull-wing shape for one side of lead alleviates substrate stress while plating of the tip improves provides high reliability
- Tj=175°C guaranteed
- Based on AEC-Q101 standard
Samples of devices rated for consumer applications are scheduled to be available in January 2018, with mass production planned for May 2018. Samples of devices rated for vehicle installations are scheduled for June 2018, with mass production scheduled for December 2018.