Shindengen has announced the MG031 series power modules, developed for motor inverter circuits, enabling higher currents by utilizing a full copper clip connection and exposing the lead frame. Rated for 40V, the MG031 series includes modules rated for 90A and 148A
The MG031 series was developed to satisfy growing demand for smaller and lighter solutions in the automotive industry as the number of ECUs for each vehicle increases and for motor drives used in industrial automation applications
- Adopted internal connection structure that uses connectors (soldered copper clips) to support large currents.
- Improved strength and reliability of the connection and lowered the internal wiring resistance compared to conventional aluminum wire bonded structures.
- Made more compact and capable of larger current through lead frame exposure
- Tch=175℃ guarantee
- Ensures the reliability required for vehicle installations
- Approximately 60% reduction size （2,200mm2 → 880mm2）
- Non-insulated design, an insulated one is currently under development