Murata introduced the DSE Series of 400W 1/8th brick dc-dc converters that support PMBus protocol for communication. The converters are fully isolated, 12Vout, eighth brick converters with a DOSA compliant digital interface that supports the PMBus standard for communication and control. The series, which also includes DAE and DCE products, offers a droop load sharing option for paralleling up to three modules in power demanding applications.
Target applications for the series include wireless, telecommunications, networking, test equipment, pre-amplifiers, and industrial. Other applications include distributed power architectures, intermediate bus Voltage applications, networking equipment including POE applications, servers & storage, and fan tray assemblies along with other uses requiring a regulated Voltage source.
The series meets the international TNV standard for Input Voltage with a 36Vin to 75Vin range and offers 2250Vdc isolation for Power over Ethernet (PoE) applications. With 95.5% typical efficiency, they provide up to 33A (400W).
They have low output ripple & noise and operate in temperatures from -40°C to +85°C. A baseplate is included for enhanced thermal performance. They feature over-temperature protection as well as output current/over-voltage protection.
A 32bit ARM processor that controls crucial conversion functions and delivers a digital interface for use in the end system application. The PMBus digital interface presents critical telemetry information and can be utilized to customize the module configuration for specific functions.
Multiple pin configurations are available, as the DSE offers a DOSA standard digital eighth brick pinout with sense, trim, and PMBus. The DAE provides a DOSA analog eighth brick pinout with sense and trim (no PMBus). Available in the standard 5-pin package, the DCE is also DOSA analog eighth brick.
They are certified to UL/EN/IEC 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, 2nd Edition, safety approvals and EN55022/CISPR22 standards.
- DOSA Compliant Digital Eighth-Brick with PMBus interface
- 36Vin to 75Vin Range
- 95.5% Typical Efficiency
- Delivers up to 33A (400W)
- Low Output Ripple & Noise
- Operating Temperature Range -40°C to +85°C
- Optional Droop Load Sharing of two or more modules
- Baseplate included for improved thermal performance
- Output Over Current/Voltage Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Negative & Positive Logic (Negative Logic standard configuration)
- Basic insulation, 2250Vdc I/O Isolation compliant with IEEE802.3 PoE Standards
- Optional Reflow processable
- Pin/function configurations
- Full PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- No PMBus with Sense & Trim Pins
- 5 Pin Bus converter, No Sense & Trim Pins
- Certified to UL/EN/IEC 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, 2nd Edition, safety approvals and EN55022/CISPR22 standards
“We have seen significant demand for higher power isolated dc-dc converters with small footprints, high efficiencies, and intelligent digital control and communications for leading-edge infrastructure equipment. By leverage Murata’s proprietary design techniques for advanced electrical, thermal, and mechanical performance, the DSE series integrates features never before attained in a modular dc-dc converter,” said Bill Smith, Director – Product Line Management, Murata Power Solutions.