The AEC-Q100-qualified UCC21320-Q1 from Texas Instruments is an isolated dual-channel gate driver with 4-A source and 6-A sink peak current. It is designed to drive power silicon MOSFETs, IGBTs, and silicon carbide MOSFETs up to 5-MHz with best-in-class propagation delay and pulse-width distortion.
Applications are expected to include: HEV and BEV battery chargers; Isolated dc-dc converters and ac-dc power supplies; Motor drives; Solar inverters; and Uninterruptible power supplies.
The input side is isolated from the two output drivers by a 3.75-kVRMS basic isolation barrier, with a minimum of 100-V/ns common-mode transient immunity (CMTI). Internal functional isolation between the two secondary-side drivers allows a working voltage of up to 1500Vdc.
Recommended for you: Dual-Output IGBT / MOSFET Driver with Comprehensive Fault Detection
Every driver can be configured as two low-side drivers, two high-side drivers, or a half-bridge driver with programmable dead time (DT). A disable pin shuts down both outputs simultaneously, and allows normal operation when left open or grounded. As a fail-safe measure, primary-side logic failures force both outputs low.
Each device accepts VDD supply voltages up to 25V. A wide input VCCI range from 3V to 18V makes the driver suitable for interfacing with both analog and digital controllers. All supply voltage pins have under voltage lock-out (UVLO) protection.
With all these advanced features, the UCC21320-Q1 enables high efficiency, high power density, and robustness.
Summary of Features
- 4-A peak source, 6-A peak sink output
- 3-V to 18-V input VCCI range to interface with both digital and analog controllers
- Up to 25-V VDD output drive supply
- Switching parameters:
- 19-ns typical propagation delay
- 10-ns minimum pulse width
- 5-ns maximum delay matching
- 6-ns maximum pulse-width distortion
- Common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) greater than 100V/ns
- Universal: dual low-side, dual high-side or half-bridge driver
- Programmable overlap and dead time
- Wide Body SOIC-14 (DWK) Package
- 3mm spacing between driver channels
- Operating temperature range -40 to +125°C
- Surge immunity up to 12.8kV
- Isolation barrier life >40 years
- TTL and CMOS compatible inputs
- Rejects input pulses and noise transients shorter than 5 ns
- Fast disable for power sequencing
- Qualified for automotive applications
- AEC-Q100 qualified with the following results
- Device temperature grade 1
- Device HBM ESD classification level H2
- Device CDM ESD classification level C6