The MPM3530 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is an easy-to-use fully integrated 55V input, 3A step-down dc-dc power module. It integrates the monolithic dc-dc converter, power inductor, input capacitors and the necessary resistors/capacitors in a compact QFN 12mm x 10mm x 4mm package.
The total power solution only requires a few external components. Target applications include industrial power systems, diagnostic machines / test equipment, distributed power systems, and telecom and networking systems.
The MPM3530 adopts the peak current mode control architecture with fast transient response. The module provides over current protection with valley current detection which is used to avoid current running away.
It also has accurate and reliable over voltage protection, and auto recovery thermal protection. The optional external soft start is available. Enable and power good indicator are provided. In order to increase the efficiency, MPM3530 will automatically scaling down the switching frequency when load is light.
Summary of features:
- Wide 4.5V to 55V Operating Input Range
- Efficiency up to 92.3%
- Wide Output Voltage Adjustable: 1V to 15V
- Programmable Switching Frequency with External SYNC Function
- External Soft Start
- Over Current Protection
- High Efficiency for Light Load Operation
- Over Voltage Protection and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Power Good Indication
- Meet EN55022 Class B Emission
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Available in QFN-47 (10mm x 12mm x 4mm)