ICERGi Limited has announced availability of its 3kW PFC/Inverter Reference Design ICRD50-031 targeting compact high-performance front ends for server, telecoms, industrial, and medical power supplies. The solution can also be used as a grid-tied inverter via software configurations.
The PFC/Inverter platform boasts efficiency exceeding 99% over a wide power range and offers the best-in-class performance/cost ratio by combining the bridgeless totem-pole architecture and multi-level stacking of low-voltage MOSFETs.
This innovation enhanced by ICERGi proprietary drive and control algorithm enable significant reduction in cost, size, and EMI noise as compared to GaN implementation. ICERGI PFC technologies are a low-cost mature Si alternative to GaN.
Key advantages for system integrators include high efficiency at 99%+ with associated reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) and reduced thermal management challenges as well as the reduced stocking overhead.
ICERGi in-depth knowledge of multilevel drive and control technologies allows manufacturers and specifiers of high-performance power conversion to use the proven engineering platform to achieve excellent results using small magnetics and using proven silicon technologies
- Wide operating input range 90Vac to 265Vac
- Leading efficiency 99%+ and power density 3kW in 1.6” x 11.9” x 1U
- Digital control with mode selection PFC/Inverter
- Communications for data logging
- Over-voltage and over-current protections
- Usage of low cost mature 150V MOSFETs
- 4 x reduction in magnetics size
- No interleaving required for high power, i.e. above 3kW
- Designed to meet EN55022/32 Class B standard
- Designed to meet IEC 61000-4-4/5 ±4kV Class A standard
The ICERGi business model is one of licensing IP and expertise to clients who are seeking differentiated, leading edge solutions to power conversion needs.
ICERGi will present the multilevel Si power conversion technologies at Poster Session D17 – Renewable Energy System II, APEC 2020.