The MPQ4488T from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. integrates a monolithic, step-down, switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. The MPQ4488T achieves 6A of output current with excellent load and line regulation over a wide input supply range.
The output of each USB switch is current-limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for battery charging specification (BC 1.2), divider mode, 1.2V/1.2V mode, and USB Type-C 5V at 3A DFP mode, eliminating the need for outside user interaction.
Full protection features include hiccup current limiting, output over-voltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown.
The MPQ4488T requires a minimal number of readily available, standard, external components and is available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) package.
The EVQ4488T-U-00A Evaluation Board is designed to demonstrate the capabilities of MPS’ MPQ4488T.The MPQ4488T integrates a monolithic step-down switch-mode converter with two USB current-limit switches and charging port identification circuitry for each port. It achieves 6A output current over a wide input-supply range with excellent load and line regulation.
The output of the USB switch is current limited. Both USB ports support DCP schemes for Battery Charging specification (BC1.2), the Divider Mode, 1.2V/1.2V Mode and USB TYPE-C [email protected]A DFP Mode eliminating outside user interaction.
Summary of product features
- Wide 6V to 36V Operating Input Voltage Range
- Selectable Output Voltage: 5.1V, 5.17V, and 5.3V
- 90mV Line Drop Compensation
- Accurate USB1/USB2 Output Current Limit
- 18mΩ/15mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- 13mΩ/13mΩ Low RDS(ON) Internal USB1/USB2 Power MOSFETs
- Frequency Adjustable (235kHz to 2.2MHz)
- Forced Continuous Conduction Mode (CCM) Operation
- Load Shedding vs. Temperature (+135°C)
- Hiccup Current Limit for both Buck and USB
- Supports DCP Schemes for BC1.2, Divider Mode, and 1.2V/1.2V Mode
- Supports USB Type-C 5V @ 3A DFP Mode
- ±8kV HBM ESD Rating for USB, DP, and DM Pins
- Available in a QFN-26 (5mmx5mm) Package
- Available in AEC-Q100 Grade 1