The STEVAL-IPFC12V1 2kW interleaved PFC converter kit from STMicroelectronics provides very high power factor supply power with very low harmonic distortion and features advanced dynamic performance and condition monitoring, including analog cycle-by-cycle current regulation.
Digital functionality is based on the STNRGPF12 digital PFC controller, which features digital inrush current control and can drive up to two interleaved PFC channels with mixed signal (analog/digital) average current mode control in CCM at fixed frequency.
Designers can use the eDesignSuite software available on the ST website to configure the STNRGPF12 according to specific design requirements for each interleaved PFC.
- The 2 kW interleaved PFC evaluation kit features:
- STEVAL-IPFC12P1 power board
- STEVAL-IPFC12C1 control board
- STEVAL-IPFC01A1 adapter board
- Input voltage range: 90- to 265-Vac
- Line frequency range: 47- to 63-Hz
- Maximum output power: 2kW at 230V
- Digital Inrush Current Limiter function performed with SCR
- Output voltage: 400V
- Power factor: >0.98 at 20% load
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <5% at 20% load
- Mixed-signal Average Current Mode control, CCM fixed frequency operation
- Switching Frequency (fsw): 60kHz
- Cycle-by-cycle regulation (analog current control loop)
- Input voltage and load feed-forwards
- Phase shedding
- Burst-mode operation
- Overvoltage protection
- Thermal protection
- Status indicator LEDs
- Cooling function