Mean Well's newly introduced the DBUF20/40 series of DIN rail-mounted 20A / 40A buffer modules, can be used with DIN rail power supplies to provide short-term backup for the load. DBUF20/40 will enter the buffer mode when the ac mains power is temporarily suspended or interrupted.
The buffer function provides stable 24Vdc to extend the system operation time, and the buffer time depends on the load current. The DBUF20 can sustain 20A load for 350ms, and the DBUF40 can sustain 40A load for 250ms.
The DBUF20/40 can provide similar functions as the DR-UPS40 uninterrupted power backup function. The main feature of the DBUF20/40 is to provide a short buffer time through the internal electrolytic capacitor energy storage. There is no external battery in the system, and the system maintenance costs reduce significantly since no battery replacement is needed.
On the other hand, the DC-UPS40 requires an external battery. The backup time can be longer, but the battery needs to be replaced regularly.
Summary of Features and Benefits:
- Buffering with electrolytic capacitors instead of batteries, saves maintenance cost
- Suitable for 24Vdc systems
- Buffering time:
- DBUF20: 350ms at 20A load
- DBUF40: 250ms at 40A load
- Buffer mode selectable by switch:
- 22Vdc (fixed, default setting)
- Vin-1Vdc (dynamic mode)
- Supports parallel connection of multiple DBUF20/40 to extend buffering time
- Operating temperature: -25 to +70℃
- LED indicator for operation status
- Protections: short circuit/overload/over voltage/reverse polarity (no damage)
- Class I installation available (includes grounding pin)
- Passes CB/UL/CUL/EAC//CE international safety approval
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 63 x 125.2 x 114.9 mm
- 3-year warranty