Phihong announced its lineup of extended operating range battery chargers for power wheelchairs and mobility scooters. The complete line of products includes 2.5A, 3.5A, and 8A chargers for different battery capacities. The DA80U-240A-R and the DA64U-240A-R, rated 24V, 3.5A and 24V, 2.5A, respectively, work with AGM batteries and come in a compact, fan-less case measuring 6.14in x 3.11in x 1.77in weighing under two pounds. With an operating temperature range of -25ºC to +50ºC.
Applications for the battery chargers include wheelchairs, mobility scooters, and electric motorcycles.
The DA200U-250A-R, rated 24V and 8A, is capable of user-selectable charging of AGM or GEL batteries. The DA200U-250A-R offers a fanless case design and features a built-in USB A receptacle for charging low-power electronics while charging your chair or scooter. The operating temperature ranges from -25º C to +40º C, which allows charging in challenging environments.
“Phihong is applying their 45 years of proven quality manufacturing and engineering systems to offer the mobility aid charger market an extended operating range of battery chargers, meeting the most demanding OEM and customer requirements,” Bill Morrison, Director of Sales & Marketing – Charger Products for Transportation Systems said.
Phihong’s DA series of battery chargers accept worldwide ac input line voltages from 100V to 240V. All of the battery chargers are terminated with an XLR output cable and connector to work with a variety of manufacturers’ power wheelchairs and mobility scooters. Phihong’s DA battery charger series also features LED indicators to show charge mode and full charge. Additionally, the DA200U-250A also indicates charge levels of 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% via green LED indicators.
All models have an automatic 12-hour shut-off for battery protection, built-in over-voltage, short circuit, and over-temperature protection. They comply with FCC and CE emissions and noise levels; and comply with the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) and California’s Energy Commission (CEC) requirements for battery charger efficiency.
The DA series battery chargers are also compliant with several critical safety standards. These safety standards include relevant UL and CE safety specifications and the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America’s (RESNA’s) WC-2:2009 American National Standard for Wheelchairs with Electrical Systems, which is based on the requirements and test methods that the International Standards Organization (ISO) defined for the power and control systems of electric wheelchairs and scooters (ISO 7176-14:2008).
Additionally, the DA series complies with the Canadian Standards Association’s (CSA’s) C22.2 No.107.2-01 standard; and the European Committee for Electromechanical Standardization’s EN 60335-1 and EN60335-2-29 standards.
- Input Rating: 100Vac to 240Vac
- Input Current: 1.5A(RMS)max for 115Vac; 0.75A(RMS)max for 230Vac
- Frequency: 47Hz to 63Hz
- No Load Input Power: ≤0.21W at 230Vac
- Leakage Current: <0.1mA max at 264VAC
- Inrush Current: <150A max at 230Vac; <75A max at 115Vac(cold start at ambient 25ºC)
- Hold-up Time: 16mS at input voltage of 230Vac/60Hz, output load 60W max
- DC Output Voltage: 24V
- Bulk Mode Voltage: 29.6V
- Float Mode Voltage: 27.3V
- Charge Current: 2.5A
- Ripple: 240mV pk-pk @25ºC
- Efficiency: 24V/2.5A efficiency ≥85% @25ºC min. at 115Vac/60Hz and 230Vac/50Hz input
- Over-Voltage Protection: 32V trip point. Output will remain off until power is recycled
- Over-Temp. Protection: Non-latching
- Short Circuit Protection: The output can be shorted without damage
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Shall produce no more than 100mA of current or any damage
- Battery Over-Charge Protection: Charger time-out. No greater than 12hrs, for bulk/absorption charging
- Operating: -25ºC to 50ºC
- Non-Operating -25ºC to 70ºC
- Humidity: 20% to 90% non-condensed