Siglent Technologies released the SDL1000X and SDL1000X-E series of programmable electronic dc-loads. The SDL1020X/X-E models offer an input range of 150V/30A with 200W total power dissipation, while the SDL1030X/X-E’s have an input range of 150V/30A up-to 300W. The X type delivers a measurement resolution of 0.1mV/0.1mA. Whereas the economical X-E type offers 1mV/1mA.
These versatile instruments are suitable for static and dynamic testing of power supplies, embedded power designs and can be used for verifying battery and solar cell performance. The dc-loads can meet all kinds of testing requirements including power, battery/handheld device design, industry, LED lighting, automotive electronics, and aerospace.
A 4-wire sense compensation mode is meant to remove any additional error due to the voltage drop in the connection wires. The loads support all the common modes of operation such as CC/CV/CR and CP.
One of the most prominent features of this new e-load series is its high-speed response performance. In dynamic test mode, the highest frequency of periodical switching between two user-defined levels (Level A and Level B) can achieve 25kHz. Users can set the adjustable slew rate up to a value of 2.5A/μs.
All models come standard with a 3.5-inch TFT-LCD display. According to Siglent, the user-friendly interface makes the load easy to operate.
You may also like: Digital Power Analyzer Simplifies Many Power Measurements
As part of this functionality, the Program function (maximum 50 groups) and List function (maximum 100 steps) can create complex discharge profiles, which can be useful in battery charging circuitry designs.
For an increased customer value, the SDL1000X/X-E series is equipped with additional features to make testing easy and fast. For example, the loads have LED-test mode (CR-LED) designed specifically for LED driver testing.
This mode is able to emulate LED’s actual characteristics including single continuity.
Moreover, the instruments feature a voltage threshold function, trend chart function, and have voltage Rise/Fall speed test implemented.
For security and reliability, the SDL1000X/X-E series offers comprehensive protection features such as over-current (OCP), over-voltage (OVP), over-power (OPP), and over-temperature protection (OTP) as well as reverse voltage protection to prevent improper wiring connections to the device-under-test.
- SDL1020X (Single channel ): DC 150V/30A, total power up to 200W
- SDL1030X (Single channel ): DC 150V/30A, total power up to 300W
- 4 static modes / Dynamic mode: CC/CV/CR/CP
- CC Dynamic mode: Continuous, pulsed, toggled
- CC Dynamic mode: 25kHz, CP Dynamic mode: 12.5kHz, CV Dynamic mode: 0.5Hz
- Measuring speed of voltage and current: up to 500kHz
- Adjustable current rise time range: 0.001 A/us~2.5A/μs
- Min. readback resolution: 0.1mV, 0.1mA
- Short-circuit, Battery test, CR-LED mode, and factory test functions
- 4-wire SENSE compensation mode function
- List function supports editing as many as 100 steps
- Program function supports 50 groups of steps
- OCP, OVP, OPP, OTP and LRV protection
- External analog control
- Voltage, Current monitoring via 0V to 10V
- 3.5in TFT-LCD display, capable of displaying multiple parameters and states simultaneously
- Built-in RS232/USB/LAN communication interface, USB-GPIB module (optional)
- Waveform trend chart and easy-to-use file storage and call functions
- Includes PC software: Supports SCPI, LabView driver
The price for the series of electronic loads starts at $539.