2.8- to 22-Vin, 1A Iout, 4-Switch, Integrated Buck-Boost Converter Eval Board
The EV8860-Q-00A from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is an evaluation board for MP8860, which is a synchronous, 4-switch, integrated buck-boost converter capable of regulating the output voltage from a 2.8V to 22V wide input voltage range with high efficiency.
The integrated output voltage scaling and adjustable output current limit functions meet the USB power delivery (PD) requirement. The output voltage range is 1- to 20.47-Vdc (5V Default) with 10mV resolution through an I2C interface
The MP8860 uses constant-on-time (COT) control in buck mode and constant-off-time control in boost mode, providing fast load transient response and smooth buck-boost mode transient. The MP8860 provides auto PFM/PWM or forced PWM switching modes, programmable output constant current (CC) current limit, which supports flexible design for different applications.
Full protection features include over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), programmable soft start, and thermal shutdown.
The MP8860 is available in a 16-pin QFN (3mmx3mm) package.
Summary of Features
- Wide 2.8V to 22V Operating Input Voltage Range
- 1V to 20.47V Output Voltage Range (5V Default) with 10mV Resolution through I2C
- 1A Output Current or 4A Input Current
- Four Low RDS(ON) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
- Adjustable Accurate CC Output Current Limit with Internal Sensing MOSFET via I2C
- 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP) Hiccup
- Output Short-Circuit Protection (SCP) with Hiccup
- Over-Temperature Warning and Shutdown
- I2C Interface with ALT Pin
- Four Programmable I2C Addresses
- One-Time Programmable (OTP) Non-Volatile Memory
- I2C Programmable Line Drop Compensation, PFM/PWM Mode, Soft Start, OCP, etc.
- EN Shutdown Discharge Programmable
- Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package