Vishay Intertechnology introduced a 2.5A IGBT and MOSFET driver to its optoelectronics portfolio. The VOD3120A is comprised of a AlGaAs LED optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage. This optocoupler is suited for driving power IGBTs and MOSFETs used in motor control inverter applications.
The high operating voltage range of the output stage delivers the drive voltages required by gate controlled devices. The voltage and current supplied by this optocoupler makes it suited for directly driving IGBTs with ratings up to 1200V / 100A. For IGBTs with higher ratings, the VOD3120A can be used to drive a discrete power stage, which drives the IGBT gate.
Available in DIP-8 and SMD-8 packages, the Vishay Semiconductors VOD3120A has a low voltage drop on its output at the low current consumption of 3.5mA to increase efficiency in inverter stages. The IGBT and MOSFET driver is for galvanic isolation for motor drives, solar inverters, induction stovetops, switchmode power supplies, and uninterruptable power supplies.
Vishay built VOD3120A on CMOS technology. UVLO protects the IGBTs and MOSFETs from malfunction. Common mode transient immunity aids in reducing noise from high to low voltage areas on the PCB.
The device has a minimum peak output current of 2.5A, and a maximum supply current of 3.5mA. The VIORM is 891V and the VIOTM is 6000V. The VOD3120A IGBT and MOSFET driver has a maximum propagation delay time: 0.5 µs. The device works with power supplies from 15V to 30V and it operates in a temperature range of -40°C to +105°C
- Available in DIP-8 and SMD-8 packages
- Low voltage drop
- Low current consumption of 3.5mA
- Consists of an AIGaAs LED optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a rail-to-rail output stage
- High isolation voltage ratings of VIORM = 891V and VIOTM = 6000V
- Undervoltage lock-out (UVLO)
- Common mode transient immunity of 35kV/μs minimum
- Maximum propagation delay time of 0.5µs
- Wide power supply range of 15V to 30V
- Industrial temperature range from -40°C to +105°C
Samples are available now from Vishay with lead times of six weeks.