The MP4571 from Monolithic Power Systems is a fully integrated, fixed-frequency, synchronous step-down converter. This dc-dc converter delivers up to 1A of continuous output current with peak current control for excellent transient response.
The wide 4.5V to 60V input voltage range accommodates a variety of step-down applications in an automotive input environment. A 2µA shutdown mode quiescent current makes it suited for battery-powered applications.
The MP4571 integrates internal high-side and low-side power MOSFETs for high efficiency without an external Schottky diode, and is available in a 12-pin QFN package.
The MP4571 employs advanced asynchronous modulation (AAM), which achieves high efficiency during light load by scaling down the frequency to reduce the switching and gate driver losses.
The MP4571 offers standard features including built-in soft start, enable control, and a power good indicator. High duty cycle and low-dropout mode are provided for automotive cold crank conditions. In addition, the chip provides over-current protection with valley current detection, which helps prevent current runaway. It also has hiccup short-circuit protection (SCP), input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and auto-recovery thermal protection.
With internal compensation, the MP4571 offers a very compact solution with a minimum number of readily available, standard external components. It is available in a QFN-12 (2.5mm x 3mm) package.
Features & Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 60V Operating Input Range
- 1A Continuous Output Current
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Control
- 250mΩ/45mΩ Internal Power MOSFETs
- Configurable Frequency Up to 2.2MHz
- 180° Out-of-Phase SYNCO Clock
- 40µA Quiescent Current
- Low Shutdown Mode Current: 2µA
- FB Tolerance: 1% at Room Temp, 2% at Full Temp
- Selectable AAM or Forced CCM Operation at Light Load
- Internal 0.45ms Soft Start
- Remote EN Control
- Power Good (PG) Indicator
- Low-Dropout Mode
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Short-Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode