The MPQ4571 from Monolithic Power Systems is a fully-integrated, fixed-frequency, synchronous buck dc-dc converter. It can achieve up to 1A of continuous output current with peak current control for excellent transient response.
The wide 4.5V to 60V input voltage range accommodates a variety of step down applications in an automotive input environment. The device's 2µA shutdown mode quiescent current makes it also suited for use in battery-powered applications.
The MPQ4571 integrates internal high-side and low-side power MOSFETs for high efficiency without an external Schottky diode It employs advanced asynchronous modulation (AAM) to achieve high efficiency during light-load conditions by scaling down the frequency to reduce switching and gate driver losses.
Standard features include built-in soft start, enable control, and power good indication. High-duty cycle and low-dropout mode are provided for automotive cold crank conditions
The chip provides over-current protection (OCP) with valley current detection to avoid current runaway. It also has hiccup short-circuit protection (SCP), input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and auto-recovery thermal protection.
With internal compensation, the MPQ4571 offers a very compact solution with a minimal number of readily available, standard external components. It is available in a QFN-12 (2.5mm x 3mm) package.
Features & Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 60V Operating Input Range
- 1A Continuous Output Current
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Control
- 250mΩ/45mΩ Internal Power MOSFETs
- Configurable Frequency Up to 2.2MHz
- 180° Out-of-Phase SYNC Out Clock
- 40µA Quiescent Current
- Low Shutdown Mode Current: 2µA
- FB-Tolerance: 1% at Room Temp, 2% at Full Temp
- Selectable AAM or Forced CCM Operation at Light Load
- Internal 0.45ms Soft Start
- Remote EN Control
- Power Good Indicator
- Low-Dropout Mode
- Over-Current Protection (OCP)
- Short-Circuit Protection with Hiccup Mode
- VIN Under-Voltage Lockout (UVLO)