The MPM82504 from Monolithic Power Systems is a quad 25A, scalable and fully integrated dc-dc converter with PMBus interface. MPM82504 offers a complete power solution that achieves up to 25A per output channel. Four output channels of MPM82504 can be connected in parallel to provide 50A, 75A, or 100A output current.
The MPM82504 can operate in parallel with MPM3695-100 and MPM82504 to provide higher output current and great output current flexibility. MPM82504 operates at a high efficiency over a wide load range.
MPM82504 adopts MPS's proprietary, multi-phase constant-on-time (MCOT) control, which provides ultra-fast transient response and simple loop compensation. The PMBus interface provides module configurations and monitoring of key parameters.
MPM82504 features full protection functions including over-current protection (OCP), over-voltage protection (OVP), under-voltage protection (UVP), and over-temperature protection (OTP).
MPM82504 requires a minimal number of readily available external components.
Features & Benefits
- 2V-16V Input Voltage Range with External 3.3V VCC Bias
- 4V-16V Input Voltage Range with Internal VCC Bias
- 5V to 3.3V Output Voltage Range
- Four Parallelable Output Channels with Up to 25A per Channel
- Parallel operation with Multiple MPM82504 and MPM3695-100
- Auto-Interleaving for Multi-Phase Operation
- Individual Remote Sense for Each Channel
- PMBus 1.3 Compliant
- Telemetry Read-back Including VIN, VOUT, IOUT, Temperature, and Faults for Each Channel
- Programmable via PMBus for Each Channel
- Output Voltage, Soft-start time.
- OC/OT/OV/UV/UVLO Limits
- PWM Mode and Switching Frequency
- Available in BGA (15mmx30mmx5.2mm)