16.5V to 500V Input Contactor Controller Reduces Pick-Up and Holding Power
The SCM1501B is a new contractor power-saving controller from Mornsun that reduces the pick-up and holding power consumption of the contactor, and help the contactor to achieve energy-saving, wide input and remote control functions. A built-in high-voltage startup circuit can quickly start the controller with a charging current of 4mA (typ.) within the input voltage range of 16.5V to 500V for a quick response when the contactor is operated.
Target applications for the contactor power-saving controller include various contactor power saving transformations, and wide voltage range ac-dc universal contactor control. (See typical application diagram above).
The SCM1501B can also control the contactor coil to achieve high current pick-up and low current holding. During the low current holding stage, when the input under-voltage occurs or the controller is disabled, the controller activates the fast shutdown function to quickly disconnect the contactor to reduce the influence of the SCM1501B on the disconnecting performance of the contactor.
The device detects input voltage in real time, and the contactor operating voltage can be accurately set. A fast shutdown function reduces the contactor shutdown delay. It can work in an input voltage range of 2.5:1. The pick-up current and the holding current can be set separately, and the contactor coil design is simpler.
Built-in analog frequency jitter makes it easy to solve EMI issues. The chip’s power supply range is 16.5V to 500V, which meets most of the contactor input voltage requirements. The ac input busbar does not require large capacitance.
- The input voltage is detected in real time, and the contactor operating voltage can be accurately set
- It can work in an input voltage range of 2.5:1
- Pick-up current and the holding current can be set separately, and the contactor coil design is simpler
- With built-in analog frequency jitter, it is easy to solve EMI problems
- The chip’s power supply range is 16.5V to 500V, which meets most of the contactor input voltage requirements
- A fast shutdown function reduces the contactor shutdown delay
- AC input busbar does not require large capacitance