NXP designed the WCT-15WTXAUTO, a 15W multi-coil transmitter reference platform, for AutoSAR in-vehicle wireless charging applications based on the NXP MWCT101xS controller IC family. Auto-grade components and other vital automotive functions including AutoSAR software and drivers ensure the platform can be seamlessly integrated. The device complies with the Wireless Power Consortium’s latest Qi specification and is certified as a MP-A9 transmitter type.
The NXP® MWCT1014S, MWCT1015S and MWCT1016S multi-coil wireless charging transmitter ICs offer complete controller functionality with AutoSAR SW to achieve a wireless charging transmitter solution in an automotive environment.
The controller IC manages and performs all control functions necessary to implement a wireless charging transmitter solution. It provides high-performance wireless charging system while taking the complex operating environment of a vehicle into consideration.
The platform uses auto grade components and other vital automotive functions to ensure the system can be seamlessly integrated. It complies with the Wireless Power Consortium’s latest Qi specification and is certified as a MP-A9 transmitter type.
Summary of features:
- Based on WPC MP-A9(NXP Topology
- 15W wireless charging platform multi-coil free position with Fixed frequency
- Integrated digital demodulation in chip
- Supports FOD based on quality factor (Q factor) change and calibrated power loss accounting
- Supports multiple types of RX modulation signals (ac capacitor, ac resistor, and dc resistor)
- Supports low standby power, and ignition control logic
- Full NFC support for safety (RFID tag protection), personalization, BT/Wi-Fi pairing and authentication applications
- Supports additional features such as NFC, CAN and touch sense
- Over-voltage/current/temperature protection
- Software-based solution to provide maximum deign freedom and product differentiation
- Power transfer efficiency exceeds 70%