Goal Zero has introduced the Yeti Home Energy Storage ecosystem: the Yeti Expansion System. Comprised of the Yeti Link Expansion Module and the Yeti Tank Expansion Battery, the new system is highly engineered and takes the guesswork out of building a reliable and affordable home backup power storage system.
“Despite the demand from consumers, especially those who own home solar panels, affordable home energy storage has largely been unattainable due to the high costs of existing solutions on the market,” said William Harmon, general manager at Goal Zero.
“With the addition of Yeti Link and Yeti Tank to the Yeti ecosystem, Goal Zero is giving consumers and solar providers a cost-effective home energy storage option that can scale based on the individual need of the user at a fraction of the typical cost,” Harmon added.
- USB-A port (output): 5V, up to 2.4A (12W max), regulated
- USB-C port (output): 5V, up to 3.0A (15W max), regulated
- USB PD port (output): 5V, 12V, 20V up to 3.0A (60W max)
- 6mm Port (output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- 12V car port (output): 12V, up to 10A (120W max)
- 12V Power Pole Port (output): 12V, up to 20A (240W max)
- 120V AC inverter (output, pure sine wave): 120VAC, 60hZ, 12.5A (1500W, 3000W surge)
- Charging Port (input, 8mm): 14-22V, up to 10A (120W max)
- Power Pole Charging Port (input): 14-22V, up to 30A (360W max)
- Expansion Module Port: Covered port under the lid. To be used with Goal Zero expansion modules only.
- Cell Chemistry: Li-ion NMC
- Pack Capacity: 1425Wh (10.8V, 132Ah)
- Single Cell Equivalent Capacity: 396Ah @ 3.6V
- Lifecycles: 500 cycles to 80% capacity (Discharge rate: 1C, Full charge/discharge, Temp: 25C)
- Shelf-life: Charge every 3-6 months
- Management System: PWM charge controller, low battery protection
- Wall Charger (5A): 25 Hours
- Maximum Input (360W solar panels): 4.5 Hours
- Boulder 50 Solar Panel: 56 – 112 Hours
- Boulder 100 Solar Panel: 28 – 56 Hours
- Boulder 200 Solar Panel: 14 – 28 Hours
Yeti Link Expansion Module
Yeti Link is a patent-pending expansion module for Goal Zero Yeti Lithium Power Stations which allows users to chain batteries with different chemistry, such as lead-acid and lithium, maintaining multi-use portability while vastly increasing storage capacity. Built to work with Yeti 1000 Portable Power Stations or larger, Yeti Link plugs directly into the Yeti Power Station’s expansion ports and maintains power between the different battery chemistries, technology that has not traditionally been available in consumer electronics until now.
Yeti Tank Expansion Battery
Yeti Tank combines the reliability, durability and convenience of Goal Zero’s products with the storage capacity of home backup power. Built with cost-effective lead-acid, Yeti Tank integrates with the company’s Yeti Power Stations to charge through solar panels or a wall plug and delivers long-lasting, expandable backup energy storage for any home.
Yeti Link and Yeti Tank will be available in May 2019. Yeti Link is available for $399 and Yeti Tank for $399 per unit.
Guests at Consumer Electronics Show 2019 will be able to experience Goal Zero’s products in action at the Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall 4, booth 35600.