Nichicon Corp. has launched the GYC series (conductive polymer hybrid aluminum electrolytic capacitors guaranteed operation at 135°C) to meet the needs for operation at higher temperatures, primarily for use in the automotive and industrial machinery fields.
Previously, the company had launched the GYA series (guaranteed operation for 4,000 hours at 125°C) and the GYB series (guaranteed operation for 10,000 hours at 105°C) of conductive polymer hybrid aluminum electrolytic capacitors. The GYC series increases the maximum temperature to 135°C, while maintaining the current series’ size, rated voltage, and capacitance range.
The GYC series is expected to achieve higher performance and longer life in a variety of applications at high temperatures where prior products were unable to reach.
- Conductive polymer hybrid aluminum electrolytic capacitors use both conductive polymers and electrolyte solutions for electrolytes. By doing so, they offer both the characteristics of conductive polymers (low equivalent series resistance, high heat resistance) and electrolytic solutions (oxide film restoration).
- As a result of improvements to the conductive polymer forming technologies and the use of electrolytic solutions that have low evaporation at high temperatures, the GYC series reaches operating temperatures of 135°C. The φ8 and φ10 sizes have life expectancies of 4,000 hours at 135°C. Additionally, the rated ripple current at 125°C is 1.3−1.8 times greater than the GYA series.
- Rated voltage range: 25- to 63-Vdc
- Rated capacitance range: 10- to 330-µF
- Category temperature range: -55°C to 135°C
- Product dimensions: φ6.3×5.8L to φ10×10L (mm) (4 sizes)
- 4,000 hours guaranteed at 135°C or 4,000 hours guaranteed at 125°C (φ8, φ10)
- 2,000 hours guaranteed at 135°C or 2,000 hours guaranteed at 125°C (φ3)
- Terminal shape: Chip type