The MP86933 from Monolithic Power Systems is a monolithic, half-bridge gate driver with built-in, internal power MOSFETs and gate drivers. The MP86933 achieves 12A of continuous output current over a wide input supply range and can operate from 100kHz to 2MHz.
The MP86933 is designed for server and telecom applications where efficiency and small size are a premium. The MP86933 is available in a small FC-TQFN-13 (3mm x 3mm) package.
The integration of a driver and MOSFETs results in high efficiency due to an optimal dead time and parasitic inductance reduction.
The MP86933 works with tri-state output controllers and comes with a general-purpose current sense and temperature sense.
Summary of Features and Benefits
- Wide 4.5V to 16V Operating Input Range
- Compliant with Intel DrMOS V4.0 Spec
- 12A Output Current
- Accepts Tri-State PWM Signal
- Built-In Switch for Bootstrap
- Current Sense
- Temperature Sense
- Current-Limit Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
- Fault Reporting: Over-Current and Over-Temperature
- Used for Multi-Phase Operation
- Available in a TQFN-13 (3mm x 3mm) Package