Wolfspeed‘s CAB450M12XM3 1200V 450A all silicon carbide half-bridge module maximizes power density while minimizing loop inductance and enabling simple power bussing. The XM3 is suitable for applications such as electric-vehicle chargers, traction drives, and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
According to Wolfspeed, the half-bridge module implements the company’s conduction-optimized third-generation MOSFET technology. XM3’s SiC packaging enables 175°C continuous junction operation. Wolfspeed says that the XM3 power module platform maximizes the benefits of SiC while keeping the module and system design robust, simple, and cost-effective.
Additionally, Wolfspeed says that the CAB450M12XM3 has half the weight and volume of a standard 62mm module.
The terminal layout is said to simplify bus bar design. Temperature sensing is integrated, and it features a dedicated drain-Kelvin pin. The module has a silicon nitride insulator and is on a copper baseplate.
- High Power Density Footprint
- High Temperature (175°C) Operation
- Low Inductance (6.7nH) Design
- Implements Conduction-Optimized Third Generation MOSFET Technology
- Terminal Layout Simplifies Bus Bar Design
- Integrated Temperature Sensing
- Dedicated Drain-Kelvin Pin
- Silicon Nitride Insulator and Copper Baseplate