The MP1925 from Monolithic Power Systems is a high-frequency, half-bridge, N-channel power MOSFET driver. Its low-side and high-side driver channels are controlled independently and matched with less than 5ns of time delay. A typical application schematic is illustrated above.
Under-voltage lockout (UVLO) on both the high-side and low-side supplies forces the outputs low in the event that the supply is insufficient. The integrated bootstrap diode reduces the external component count.
Features & Benefits
- Drives an N-Channel MOSFET Half-Bridge
- 115V Bootstrap Voltage Range
- On-Chip Bootstrap Diode
- Typical Propagation Delay of 20ns
- Gate Driver Matching of Less than 5ns
- Drives a 2.2nF Load with 15ns of Rise Time and 10ns of Fall Time at 12V VDD
- TTL-Compatible Input
- Quiescent Current of Less than 150µA
- UVLO for Both High-Side and Low-Side Gate Drivers
- Available in a QFN-8 (4mm x 4mm) Package
EV1925-R-00A Evaluation Kit
The EV1925-R-00A is an evaluation board for the MP1925, a high frequency Half-Bridge gate driver. Its high-side and low-side driver channels are independently controlled and matched with a time delay of less than 5ns.
The demo board is configured as a buck converter. INH and INL are independent signals of each other. Complementary PWMs with proper dead time should be implemented for INH and INL.