The MP4581 from Monolithic Power Systems is a high efficiency synchronous step-down converter with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs. It provides 0.8A output in buck topology from up to 100V input power supply.
The MP4581 adopts constant-on-time (COT) control mode that provides fast transient response and facilitates loop stabilization. Operation frequency can be programmed from 100kHz to 1MHz by an external resistor.
MP4581 supports high efficiency pulse-skip-mode (PSM) in light load condition. Valley current limit circuits protect against overload and short circuit conditions.
The MP4581 is available in a SOIC8EP package.
Summary of Specifications and Features
- 10V to 100V Input Voltage Range
- 1V to 30V Output Voltage Range
- 90% Maximum Operation Duty Cycle
- 625mΩ / 380mΩ Internal MOSFETs
- Constant On Time Control Mode
- Programmable 100kHz to 1MHz Frequency
- Internal Soft-Start and Loop Compensation
- OCP, SCP with hiccup
- High Efficiency PSM in Light Load
- Available in SOIC8EP Package