The MP8833 from Monolithic Power Systems, Inc. is a monolithic thermoelectric cooler controller with internal power MOSFETs. It achieves 1.5A continuous output current from a 2.7V-to-5.5V input voltage with TEC voltage range. The TEC voltage is linearly controlled by an analog voltage.
The features such as TEC voltage/current limit, can be controlled fly through a 3.4Mbps I2C serial interface. This results in a minimum of external components. Combined with a QFN-16 (2mm x 3mm) package, the solution size is also minimized.
Full protection features include internal soft start, over current/voltage protection and over temperature protection.
The MP8833 is designed for TEC device applications such as an optical laser diode, fiber communication network.
- 1% 2.5V REF Accuracy
- Wide 2.7V-to-5.5V Operating Input Range
- Up to 1.5A TEC Current
- TEC Current Monitor
- 30mΩ and 30mΩ Internal PWM MOSFET Switches
- 30mΩ and 30mΩ Internal Linear MOSFET Switches
- Default 1MHz Switching Frequency
- External SYNC Function
- EN/SD for Power Sequencing
- Available in QFN-16 (2mmx 3mm) Package