Micro Crystal has launched a new real-time clock module (RTC). Small and highly-precise are the primary characteristics of the new RTC-module RV-8263-C7, according to the company. The device’s small current consumption and its ability to accept a wide supply voltage range make it ideal for wearable and IoT applications.
Possible applications for the real-time clock module include IoT, metering, industrial, automotive, and healthcare as well as wearables and portables.
The tiny surface mountable package that measures just 3.2mm x 1.5mm x 0.8mm hosts the resonator crystal and the RTC-circuit, which do not require any pairing. The RTC consumes just 190nA at 3V. Operating voltage ranges from 0.9V to 5.5V, and the device’s operating temperature is from -40°C to +85°C.
The device provides the year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes, and seconds and features timer and alarm functions. The RTC has Oscillator stop detection and features a user-programmable offset value.
Clock output frequencies range from 1Hz to 32.768kHz. The device features an I2C bus interface.
- Low power consumption: 190nA @ 3V
- Wide operating voltage range: 0.9V to 5.5V
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- User programmable offset value
- Oscillator stop detection
- Provides year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Timer and Alarm functions
- Clock output frequencies: 32.768kHz to 1Hz
- I2C-bus interface: 400kHz
- Automotive qualification according to AEC-Q200 available
- Ultra-miniature ceramic SMD package: 3.2mm x 1.5mm x 0.8mm