The RP517 from Ricoh Electronic Devices is a low-voltage buck dc-dc converter featuring ultra-low 0.3µA quiescent current (IQ) and 0.3V output voltage. It has an output voltage accuracy of ±18mV. The integrated drivers have low RDS(ON) at VIN = 3.6V of 0.15 Ω for both the PMOS and NMOS versions.
The optional auto-discharge function quickly lowers the output voltage to 0V, when the chip enable signal is switched from the active mode to the standby mode, by releasing the electrical charge accumulated in the external capacitor.
The RP517 is expected to be used with: Wearable equipment such as SmartWatch, SmartBand, and Health monitoring; Li-ion battery-used equipment, Coin cell-powered devices; Low power RF such as Bluetooth® Low Energy, Zigbee, WiSun, and ANT; and Low power CPU, Memory, Sensor device, and Energy harvester
Applications and correlated features:
- Ultra-low consumption current (IQ: 0.3µA) with the VFM control for dc-dc (switching frequency: 1MHz max.)
- Suitable for low power devices due to its ultra-low output voltage range from 0.3V to 1.2V
- Suitable for coin batteries and USB ports due to its wide input range from 1.8V to 5.5V
- Offered in 3 packages: WLCSP, DFN and SOT
- Suitable for IC cards due to WLCSP's thickness of 0.4mm and less.