KEMET Corporation has expanded its industry-leading X7R 250 volt multilayer ceramic capacitor series to include smaller case sizes and increased capacitance values. These compact surface mount technology footprints benefit designers in saving printed circuit board space while reaching capacitance values up to 0.47 microfarads and case sizes as small as 0603.
The X7R 250 volt product expansion supports the need for increasingly higher voltages in automotive applications such as lighting, electric charging, sensors and EMI suppression. In addition, 220 volt power systems are common across the globe, and small case size 250 volt X7R capacitors are suited for high-power, small form factor devices.
This series may be combined with KEMET's flexible termination system to provide mechanical robustness, and complements KEMET's portfolio of power inductor solutions.
KEMET's X7R dielectric features a 125°C maximum operating temperature and is considered temperature stable. The Electronics Components, Assemblies and Materials Association (EIA) characterizes X7R dielectric as a Class II material. Components of this classification are fixed, ceramic dielectric capacitors suited for bypass and decoupling applications or for frequency discriminating circuits where Q and stability of capacitance characteristics are not critical.
X7R exhibits a predictable change in capacitance with respect to time and voltage, boasting a minimal change in capacitance with reference to ambient temperature. Capacitance change is limited to ±15% from −55°C to +125°C.
Summary of features
- −55°C to +125°C operating temperature range
- Lead (Pb)-free, RoHS, and REACH Compliant
- Temperature stable dielectric
- EIA 0402, 0603, 0805, 1206, 1210, 1808, 1812, 1825, 2220, and 2225 case sizes
- DC voltage ratings of 6.3 V, 10 V, 16 V, 25 V, 35 V, 50 V, 100 V, 200 V, and 250 V
- Capacitance offerings ranging from 10 pF to 47 μF
- Available capacitance tolerances of ±5%, ±10% and ±20%
- Non-polar device, minimizing installation concerns
- 100% pure matte tin-plated termination finish allowing for excellent solderability
- SnPb termination finish option available upon request (5% Pb minimum)