The MAX40200 from Maxim Integrated is an ideal diode current-switch that drops so little voltage that it approaches an order of magnitude better than Schottky diodes.
When forward-biased and enabled, the MAX40200 conducts with as little as 85mV of voltage drop while carrying currents as high as 1A. Typical voltage drop is 43mV at 500mA, with the voltage drop increasing linearly at higher currents. The MAX40200 thermally protects itself, and any downstream circuitry, from over-temperature conditions.
When disabled (EN = low) the MAX40200 blocks voltages up to 6V in either direction, making it suitable for most low-voltage, portable electronic devices. The MAX40200 operates from a supply voltage of 1.5V to 5.5V.
The MAX40200 is available in a tiny, 0.73mm X 0.73mm, 4-bump wafer-level package (WLP), with a 0.35mm bump pitch and only 0.5mm high and 5-pin SOT-23 package. The MAX40200 operates over the extended -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Cellular Phones
- Electronic Toys
- Notebook and Tablet Computers
- Portable Media Players
- Portable / Wearable Medical Devices
- USB-Powered Peripherals
- Save Critical Voltage Drop in Portable Application
- Drops Less Than 43mV at 500mA; 85mV at 1A
- Longer Battery Life
- Low Leakage When Reverse-Biased: 70nA (Typ), 1.5µA (Max)
- Low Supply Quiescent Current: 7µA (Typ), 18µA (Max)
- Saves Space Over Larger Schottky Diodes
- Tiny 0.73mm x 0.73mm 4-bump WLP
- SOT23-5 Package
- Supply Voltage Range 1.5V to 5.5V
- Thermally Self-Protecting
- -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range