Littelfuse, Inc. today introduced the smallest cartridge fuse series available that's rated at 500Vac with current ratings from 40A to 63A and a 2,000A@500Vac interrupting rating. The 606 Series high-current Cartridge Fuse is designed for overcurrent protection in applications such as high voltage power supply circuits rated up to 23kW.
With a 10mm x 32mm cartridge body, a single 606 fuse requires less board space than previous designs that used multiple lower current rated fuses in parallel. As a result, designers can reduce the amount of board space they reserve for protection components when designing high wattage equipment.
"The 606 Series' compact footprint frees up board space that would otherwise be devoted to protection components, which gives designers greater layout flexibility for high-wattage equipment," said Ben Zheng, Global Product Manager, Electronics Business Unit at Littelfuse. "In addition to that advantage, it offers a lower interrupt rating and a higher current rating than similar fuses from other suppliers."
Typical applications for 606 Series High-current Cartridge Fuses include:
- Telecom Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs)
- Power conversion equipment such as inverters and rectifiers
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE)
- Off-board charging posts
- Motor protection in elevator systems
The 606 Series High-current Cartridge Fuses offer these key benefits:
- The smallest available 500Vac-rated cartridge fuse series with current ratings from 40A to 63A and a 2,000A@500Vac interrupting rating.
- Suitable for overcurrent protection in a single-phase power supply circuit rated up to 23kW.
- End caps with integrated stand-off leads eliminate the need for mounting accessories and/or lead-forming processes.
- With an operating temperature range from -55˚C to 125˚C, these fuses can provide reliable protection in extreme temperature environments.
The 606 Series High-current Cartridge Fuses are available in through-hole, 10mm x 32mm packages in trays in quantities of 500. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.