Dialog Semiconductor has introduced the SLG46880 and SLG46881, the newest members of the GreenPAK™ family of Configurable Mixed Signal Matrix devices. These parts include the latest development of the Asynchronous State Machine (ASM) architecture, which supports up to 12 states, and as many as 84 state transitions.
This new architecture is expected to expand the range of applications that can be implemented with the ASM, including many applications that would have previously required a low cost microcontroller. These devices also support low power, low speed clocking that can run on less than 500 nA typical, and low power analog comparators that can operate at about 2.5 uA typical.
The SLG46880 provides a small, low power component for commonly used mixed-signal functions. The user creates their circuit design by programming the one time Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) to configure the interconnect logic, the IO Pins and the macrocells of the SLG46880. This highly versatile device allows a wide variety of mixed-signal functions to be designed within a very small, low power single integrated circuit.
The SLG46881 is a lower-voltage alternative delivering the same performance capabilities. Applications for the SLG46880 and SLG46881 are expected to include personal computers and servers, PC peripherals, consumer electronics, data communications equipment, handheld and portable electronics, smartphones and fitness bands, and notebook / tablet PCs.
- Macrocells Overview:
- Two High Speed General Purpose Rail-to-Rail Analog Comparators (ACMPxH);
- Two Low Power General Purpose Rail-to-Rail Analog Comparators (ACMPxL);
- Two Voltage References (Vref):
- Two Vref Outputs;
- Twelve Combination Function Macrocells:
- One Selectable DFF/Latch or 2-bit LUT;
- Four Selectable DFF/Latches or 3-bit LUTs;
- One Selectable Pipe Delay or Ripple Counter or 3-bit LUT;
- One Selectable Programmable Pattern Generator or 2-bit LUT;
- Four Selectable 8-bit CNT/DLYs or 3-bit LUTs;
- One Selectable 16-bit CNT/DLY or 4-bit LUT;
- Asynchronous State Machine:
- Twelve States;
- Four Dynamic Memory (DM) Macrocells;
- f(1) Computation Macrocell with dedicated ACMP;
- Serial Communications:
- I2C Protocol Interface;
- Programmable Delay with Edge Detector Output;
- Deglitch Filter or Edge Detector;
- Three Oscillators (OSC):
- 048 kHz Oscillator;
- 048 MHz Oscillator;
- 25 MHz Oscillator;
- Crystal Oscillator;
- Analog Temperature Sensor;
- Power On Reset (POR).
- Wide Range Power Supply
- 2.5 V (±8%) to 5 V (±10%) VDD
- 2.5 V (±8%) to 5 V (±10%) VDD2 (VDD2 ≤ VDD) for the SLG46880
- 1 V (±5%) to 1.8 V (±10%) VDD2 for the SLG46881
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- RoHS Compliant / Halogen-Free
- 32-pin STQFN: 4 mm x 4 mm x 0.55 mm, 0.4 mm pitch