Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (TDSC) today announced the launch of the TLP2735, a high-speed IC photocoupler for MOSFET gate signal insulation and the company’s first to incorporate an under voltage lockout (UVLO) function.
UVLO cuts the photocoupler’s susceptibility to noise like that generated in power supply cables, and can prevent malfunctioning when products are switched on.
With an isolation voltage of 5kVrms (min) between the input and output, as well as conformity with the IEC60747-5-5 photocoupler safety standard, TLP2735 is also suitable for applications requiring high insulation performance.
The operating power supply voltage in the output side is 9 to 20V, specifications suited to MOSFET gate voltages, and the propagation delay time is 100ns (max), fast for a photocoupler designed for MOS gate insulation. As its power supply voltage is high, it can also be used for IPM input insulation.
Simply adding a buffer circuit to the subsequent stage of TLP2735, a MOSFET insulation gate drive circuit can be implemented. In addition, with its operating temperatures of -40 to 125 degrees C, it can also be used in a high temperature environment.
- Isolation interface of MOSFET gate signal
- Digital control switching power supply
- Industrial automation equipment (IPM drive)
- Built-in UVLO function with hysteresis
- Operating temperature rating: Topr (max) = -40 to 125℃
- Thin SO6L package with long creepage distance
- Height 2.3 mm (max), creepage and clearance distances 8mm (min), support reinforced isolation