AFBR-POCxxxL family of optical power converters belongs to the Broadcom Power Components product family and provides up to 600mW of electrical power at 3.7Vdc or 5.6Vdc, depending on the model, for applications requiring complete electrical isolation in highly-demanding industrial environments and applications.
AFBR-POCxxxL is designed for powering electronic circuitry where electrical-wired solutions are not feasible due to high voltage, electromagnetic inductance or strong magnetic fields. AFBR-POCxxxL is a multi-junction compound semiconductor device that provides operating voltages for typical 3Vdc or 5Vdc applications.
Applications: optical power converters can power devices, such as:
- High voltage current sensors and transducers
- E-field and H-field probes
- MRI/RF imaging coils and patient monitoring equipment
- Power conditioning circuitry
- Wireless transmitters
- Aircraft sensors and transducers
Typically 600mW of electrical power can be supplied by converting 1.5W (CW) of optical input power over an operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C. Smart thermal design simplifies system integration.
AFBR-POCxxxL is optimized for the efficient coupling of MM fibers with commonly available NA. All products are available with industry-standard ST or FC connectors.
The AFBR-POCx04L optical power converters provide a typical output voltage level of 3.7V supporting most 3Vdc applications. The AFBR-POCx06L parts support most 5Vdc applications by providing a typical electrical output voltage level of 5.6V.
- Fully isolated Power over Fiber (PoF) solution that efficiently converts optical power to electrical power
- Different converter output characteristics are available for a perfect match with target applications
- Supplies typically 600 mW of electrical power
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- Available with threaded ST and FC ports for MM fibers
- Easy heat sink mounting for thermal control
- Threaded ST port for easy panel mount