Littelfuse, Inc. has introduced two series of High-Temperature Alternistor Triacs. With a maximum junction temperature of 150°C, the 16A QJxx16xHx Series and 25A QJxx25xHx Series are designed for use as ac switches, helping circuit designers address overheating challenges in ac power control applications with limited or no heat sinking.
Their high peak, single cycle ac current pulse ratings allow them to tolerate higher in-rush currents in heater or motor control applications.
Applications for QJxx16xHx Series and QJxx25xHx Series High Temperature Alternistor Triacs include:
- heater control in coffeemakers,
- tankless water heaters and infrared heaters,
- AC solid-state relays,
- dimmers for incandescent and LED lighting,
- motor speed control in kitchen appliances, power tools, etc. and
- compressor motor control in light industrial applications.
"The high operating temperatures for the QJxx16xHx Series and QJxx25xHx Series simplify thermal management problems, such as overheating or reduced operating times," said Koichiro Yoshimoto, business development manager, Semiconductor Business Unit at Littelfuse. "The robust clip-attach assembly ensures high field reliability."
QJxx16xHx Series and QJxx25xHx Series High Temperature Alternistor Triacs offer these key benefits:
- 150˚C maximum junction temperature simplifies thermal management, especially in applications with limited or no heat sinking.
- 200A/250A ITSM ratings allow tolerating higher inrush currents in heater or motor control applications.
- Mechanically and thermally robust TO-220/263 (16A and 25A) and TO-218 (25A) clip-attach assembly ensures higher field reliability than wire-bond packages.
- Internally isolated TO-220 and TO-218 packages provide better heat dissipation and higher isolation voltage.
QJxx16xHx Series and QJxx25xHx Series High Temperature Alternistor Triacs are available in TO-220 (isolated or non-isolated), TO-263 (D2-PAK), TO-218AC (isolated) and TO-218X (isolated) packaging in tube pack in quantities of 500 (50 per tube) or in embossed carriers in quantities of 500.