NXP Semiconductors N.V. announced the availability of the SSL4120 — a GreenChip™ resonant half-bridge controller with integrated power factor correction (PFC) for high-power LED applications up to 400 W. The single-chip SSL4120 is a high-efficiency solution for high-power LED applications such as office lighting, shop lighting, high-bay and low-bay lighting, parking garage lighting, area lighting and street lighting.
Offering true universal mains operation, the SSL4120 enables efficient direct start-up from rectified mains ranging from 90 to 305 volts. The SSL4120 enables low total harmonic distortion (THD) of less than 10 percent, a high power factor (PF) over 0.97, and a typical PFC frequency of 380 kHz to meet and exceed legal requirements for high-power LED lighting applications. NXP will showcase the latest additions to the GreenChip family of SSL driver ICs at Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (booth 5B-C12).
“Both outdoors and indoors, demand for high-power LED solutions is growing strong in commercial, industrial and street lighting applications worldwide. By integrating controllers for power factor correction and a half-bridge resonant converter in a single chip, the SSL4120 offers an elegant, cost-effective solution in designing high-efficiency LED drivers and power supplies for this market,” said Ryan Zahn, general manager, lighting solutions product line, NXP Semiconductors.
* Single chip with integrated controllers for PFC and half-bridge resonant converter (HBC)
* Designed for high-power LED applications from 75 to 400 W
* True universal mains operation from 90 to 305 V
* Low THD (<10%) and high PF (>0.97)
* Resonant topology and valley/zero voltage switching enable high efficiency (>93%)
* Typical PFC frequency of 380 kHz enables compliance with regulatory requirements for THD
* Compact form factor enables cost-effective designs with a minimal external components
* PFC in boundary-mode operation with on-time control
* HBC burst mode switching
* All-around protection, including OverCurrent Protection (OCP), OverVoltage Protection (OVP), demagnetization sensing, open-loop protection, capacitive mode protection, and a general-purpose latched protection input, enables safe operation under severe practical conditions
The SSL4120 resonant controller, the latest high-power LED driver IC from NXP, is now in volume production with product samples available immediately. Other GreenChip solutions for high-power LEDs include the award-winning SSL4101 — a flyback controller with integrated PFC, covering a power range of 25 to 150 W.