Infineon Technologies AG now offers the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDC Compact 300 mil family of single channel gate driver ICs. With an insulation test voltage of V ISO = 2500 V(rms) for 60 seconds these galvanically isolated drivers are recognized under UL 1577.
Due to their high switching frequency of up to 1,000kHz they do not only drive IGBTs, but can also be integrated in demanding SiC MOSFET topologies. A wide variety of applications profits from these characteristics, including: photovoltaic string inverters, uninterruptable power supplies, EV charging stations, industrial drives, welding equipment, and commercial and agricultural vehicles.
The 1EDC Compact family provides a 300-mil wide body package for an increased creepage distance of 8mm leading to the UL1577 acknowledged insulation. Furthermore, the driver ICs feature improved thermal behavior and can drive power devices with up to 40V output voltage.
They are marked by a well-matched propagation delay of 120ns (typical, max 150ns). Based on Infineon's 1200V coreless transformer technology, the gate drivers enable a world class common mode transient immunity great than 100kV/μs.
Additionally, the1EDC Compact can provide current drive strengths of up to 10A on separate output pins for sourcing and sinking.
The 1EDI Compact 300 mil comes in nine variants:
- The 1EDI05I12AH, 1EDI20I12AH, 1EDI40I12AH, and 1EDI60I12AH provide 0.5-, 2-, 4-, and 6-A drive strength on separate sink/source output pins and a typical propagation delay of 300ns.
- The 1EDI20H12AH and 1EDI60H12AH are ideal for high-speed IGBT applications with a reduced propagation delay of just 120ns.
- With an integrated Miller clamp, the 1EDI10I12MH, 1EDI20I12MH, and 1EDI30I12MH deliver 1-, 2-, and 3-A output current.
Key features include:
- Single channel isolated high-voltage gate driver IC
- 12 V input-to-output isolation voltage
- DSO-8 300 mil wide body package with 8 mm creepage distance
- Drives high-voltage power MOSFETs and IGBTs
- Up to 6A minimum peak rail-to-rail output
- Separate source and sink outputs or active Miller clamp
The EiceDRIVER 1EDC Compact 300 mil is in production. The functional isolated EiceDRIVER 1EDI Compact 150 mil and 300 mil families are also available and might be preferred for applications where UL certification is not required.