Würth Elektronik eiSos has expanded its product family of MagI³C power modules with the compact MagI³C VDRM (Variable Step Down Regulator Module) in a LGA-16EP package. The module has an input voltage range of 4- to 18-Vdc for converting voltages from the 5V, 9V or 12V bus.
The very compact component (9 x 9 x 3 mm) offers scalability of currents (1A/2A/3A) and high efficiency up to 93 percent. As a fully integrated dc-dc voltage converter, MagI³C VDRM contains the power stage, the regulator, the inductor, as well as input and output capacitors. Only two resistors are necessary in the external circuit to define the output voltage.
The LGA-16EP package of the MagI³C VDRM displays good thermal behavior: The rated current of up to 3 A can be drawn up to an ambient temperature of 85°C. The EMC behavior is exemplary too: The intensity of electromagnetic radiation is far below the limit stated in the EMC standard EN55022 class B.
The power module is also particularly suitable for applications in industry, testing and measuring technology, medical technology and in telecoms systems. MagI³C-VDRM is now available from stock. Free samples can be requested.
Features of the MagI³C VDRM in the LGA-16EP include:
- Low profile package
- Stand alone solution (CIN and COUT integrated, 2 external components to set VOUT)
- Ideal for space constrained applications
- 2 solder cycles supported
Target applications include:
- Point-of-Load dc-dc applications from 24V, 18V, 15V, 12V, 9V, 5V industrial rails
- Industrial, Test & Measurement, Medical applications
- System power supplies
- I/O interface power supply
- DSPs, FPGAs, MCUs and MPUs supply
- High density distributed power systems
- Telecommunication applications