TDK Corporation announced a new developed reliable AC-DC power supply, TDK-Lambda brand GXE600. TDK-Lambda Corporation will start mass production and shipment in September 2018. The GXE600 is the first convection cooled 600W AC-DC power supply from TDK.
It features low audible noise, minimize the risk of foreign materials, and extended product life. Cooling fan maintenance, as required for conventional 600W class power supply products, is no longer necessary. The GXE600 achieves ultra high efficiency of up to 95% and life expectancy is more than 7 years
The GXE600 has also adopted digital control and equipped with serial communication (RS-485). These features enable communication between the customer’s device and the power supply and enable switching power supply to be monitored in real time. It also provides preventive maintenance as well as adjusting protection operation settings and parameters of the power supply.
Moreover, in addition to operate at a fixed output voltage, the GXE600 is also equipped with wide operating range of CVCC functionality. As a high-end model switching power supply, GXE600 is featuring both reliability and multi functionality to meet various customer needs.
Main applications are expected to include; Measuring equipment, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, medical equipment, railways, battery application.
Main features and benefits
- 600W Convection cooled (No fan)
- Ultra high efficiency of up to 95% (at 230Vac of input voltage)
- Long product life expectancy of 7 years (ambient temperature of 50℃, output power of 600W, continuous power supply of 24 hours a day)
- A broad variable range of CVCC control (CV control range of 20 to 120%, CC control range of 20 to 100%)
- Control and monitoring of voltage, current, and protection enabled by serial communication via RS485 and Modbus RTU
- Low profile of 41 mm height (1U size)
- Equipped with dual input fuse as required for medical equipment
- Certified with Audio/Video, Information and Communication Technology Equipment Standards (IEC62368-1), in addition to Information Technology Equipment Standards (IEC60950-1) and Medical Electrical Equipment Standards (IEC60601-1 Ed.3.1 *2MOPP)