Binder USA, LP has expanded the Series 696 HEC (Harsh Environment Connector) product family with the addition of a 5-pin version. It is a powerful 32A per contact, 600V power connector that is constructed with high-grade 4+PE gold-plated crimp contacts.
The Series 696 HEC's light and stable plastic design was developed specifically for use in demanding environmental conditions. It is highly resistant against climatic influences such as UV exposure, as well as shock and vibration.
Because it is also IP68 and IPX9K rated, it is well-suited for high-pressure washdown applications in the industrial, agricultural, and chemical industries.
The aim was to develop a robust connection for these applications to meet sector-specific demands, in particular the stringent environmental requirements for UV resistance, insusceptibility to temperature fluctuations, resistance to acidic rain, saline mist, ozone and further pollutants in the air.
A 3-point bayonet locking mechanism makes for a safe and secure, fast locking design, while preventing any wrong connection.
Series 696 HEC highlights include:
- 4+PE gold-plated crimp contacts
- UL approval, CSA and VDE in preparation
- IP68 and IPX9K rated for high-pressure washdown
- Bayonet locking for easy and secure locking
- Powerful 32 A, 600 V with the smallest construction
- Crimp termination 2.5-6 mm²
- Crimp contacts ordered separately
- 8 and 12-pin versions also available