The TPP 450 Series of 450 Watt ac-dc power supplies from Traco Power feature a reinforced double I/O isolation system according to latest medical safety standards. The earth leakage current is below 100µA what makes the units suitable for BF (body floating) applications. The efficiency of up to 94% allows a high power density for the standard 3x5x1.58 inch packaging format.
The forced air cooling full load operating temperature range is -40 to +50°C while it goes up to 85°C with 50% load derating. Natural convection cooled power is 320W up to +50°C and 150W at +85°C. Thus it is possible to power a medical device in a quiet and hygienic way without needing a fan to cool down the power supply.
These power supplies are offered in both an enclosed and open-frame configurations. The TPP450 (Enclosed package) is a thermally efficient design that allows fanless operation up to 320W at full load. It includes a variable fan speed controller allows quiet operation.
The TPP450A (Open-frame package) is also a thermally efficient design allows convection cooled operation up to 320W at full load. It includes an integrated variable fan speed controller allows for an easy use of an external fan.
Both the TPP450 and TPP450A come with an active power factor correction and the EMC characteristic is dedicated for applications in industrial and domestic fields. High reliability is provided by use of industrial quality grade components and an excellent thermal management. Those features make the products suited for medical devices and for demanding safety and space critical applications.
A summary of features includes:
- Extended operating temperature range -40°C to +85°C
- Certified to IEC/EN/ES 60601-1 3rd edition for 2xMOPP and IEC/EN/UL 62368-1
- Risk management process according to ISO 14971 including risk management file
- EMC compliance to IEC/EN/ES 60601-2 4th edition
- Acceptance criteria for electronic assemblies according to IPC-A-610 Level 3
- Efficiency up to 94% (typ.)
- Isolation (4000Vac) and leakage current (<100µA) rated for BF applications
- Standard features: 5Vdc standby output, 12Vdc aux output, Remote On/Off, Power Good Signal
- Operating up to 5000m altitude
- 5-year product warranty