Panasonic announced the new CY / SY series surface-mount specialty conductive polymer aluminum electrolytic capacitors. Panasonic's CY / SY Series SP-Caps provide extremely high ripple current in the range of 5100 mA(rms) for CY Series parts and 6300 mA(rms) for SY Series parts.
These capacitors are available with rated voltages of 4Vdc and 6.3vdc and capacitance values from 330μF to 470μF. The CY series devices have a maximum ESR of 15mΩ and SY series devices have a maximum ESR of 9mΩ.
The high ripple current capability ensures the parts are designed to withstand high load levels and makes the CY / SY Series well-suited for applications such as wearable devices and network equipment. The CY / SY Series SP-Caps are high-temperature capacitors that have an endurance of 2,000 hours at 85°C.
Their endurance increases ten times with a 20°C temperature drop which translates to 20,000h at 65°C allowing the CY / SY Series SP-Caps to provide extremely long life when designed in.
Combine all those specifications with a low ESR and only a 3mm maximum height, Panasonic's NEW CY / SY Series SP-Caps are redefining the term "specialty" capacitor.
- High Temperature / Long Life: 2000 Hours at 85°C, 20,000 Hours at 65°C
- Very High Ripple Current Range: 5100mA(rms) for CY Series 6300mA(rms) for SY Series
- Product Height: 3.0mm Max.
- High Temperature Lead-Free Reflow
- High Capacitance and High Ripple Current
- Operating Temperature Range: -55°C to +85°C
- RoHS / REACH Compliant