Bel Power Solutions and Protection has announced the 0RQB-30Y05L, a rugged 30 W quarter-brick isolated dc-dc converter. The 0RQB-30Y05L provides 30W of output power from an ultra-wide input range from 16.8- to 137.5-Vdc and operates on all nominal battery voltages from 24- to 110-V with one module, making it suited for railway and harsh industrial applications.
The 0RQB-30Y05L is designed for embedded computing, communication and control systems, such as Ethernet switches, TCMS, passenger information systems, on-board WLAN and door control.
Standard features include remote on/off, input under- and over-voltage protection, output overvoltage protection, overcurrent and short circuit protection.
This converter also provides a 5 V/5 mA auxiliary supply, which is typically used for Wake-On LAN applications. The hold-up circuit achieves a 10ms interruption time with smaller amount of external capacity and saves board space. When a larger hold-up capacitor is added, the converter can power critical loads up to 12ms, or longer, when the input supply is interrupted.
Conformal coated PCB is used for environmental ruggedness; also approved to EN 60950-1 and designed in accordance to EN 50155. The 0RQB-30Y05L is currently available from Digi-Key, Mouser and Arrow.
Key features and benefits include:
- Supports 24/48/72/96/110 Vdc inputs
- 5 Vdc / 6 A output
- 2,250V isolation
- Input under-voltage protection
- Output over-voltage protection
- Hold-up function
- Over current and short circuit protection
- Remote ON/OFF
- Over temperature protection
- Conformal coated
- 5V auxiliary supply at primary side
- Wide input range (24V ,48V, 72V, 96V, 110V, typical)
- Class II, Category 2, isolated dc-dc converter (refer to IPC-9592B)
- Approved to EN60950-1, 2nd +A2 version