The NCV898032 from ON Semiconductor is an adjustable output non−synchronous boost controller which drives an external N−channel MOSFET. The device uses peak current mode control with internal slope compensation. The IC incorporates an internal regulator that supplies charge to the gate driver.
Protection features include internally−set soft−start, undervoltage lockout, cycle−by−cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown. Additional features include low quiescent current sleep mode and microprocessor compatible input pin.
Applications are expected to include various automotive systems such as: LED lighting, backlighting, headlamps; Start-stop systems; Boost, Flyback, SEPIC, Cuk Topologies; and Direct gas injection systems.
- Peak Current Mode Control with Internal Slope Compensation
- 2 V 3% Reference Voltage for Constant Current Loads
- 2 MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Wide Input Voltage Range of 3.2 V to 40 V, 45 V Load Dump
- Input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Internal Soft−Start
- Low Quiescent Current in Sleep Mode (< 10 A Typical)
- Cycle−by−Cycle Current Limit Protection
- Hiccup−Mode Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- NCV Prefix for Automotive and Other Applications Requiring Unique Site and Control Change Requirements; AEC−Q100 Qualified and PPAP Capable
- These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS Compliant
- LED PWM Dimming Capable
- Accurate Current/Voltage Regulation
- Facilitates Use of Lower Cost Magnetics and Filter Capacitors
- Designed for Automotive Battery Operating Environment
- Works in a Wide Variety of Applications
- Disables Startup in Undervoltage Conditions
- Very Low Off-State Current
- Protects Against Overcurrent Conditions
- Thermally Protects IC