Modular Devices, Inc. (MDI) has expanded its POWRMOD product line, specifically designed for Avionics and commercial Aviation MRO applications, with the PM3704DC-DC 20W triple output dc-dc converters. These units offer a primary output of +5Vdc at 1A, and dual secondary outputs of +/- 12-Vdc or +/- 15-Vdc at 400mA.
The PM3704 features the following: No external components required. Precision machined metal case for heat removal and EMI shielding; Common Mode EMI Filters (Input and Ouput); Low Ripple, independently regulated outputs; Fast Transient Response Time; Simple On-Off control; Short Circuit and output overload protection; Full magnetic isolation (No Optocouplers); Works through input transients of DO-160G; Designed for long life, reliable operation in Avionics environments; Power Supply Watchdog signals
PM3704’s come in a 48.27×48.27x10mm machined metal case with corner flanges for ease of mounting and effective thermal management. All POWRMOD products are available with Commercial Screening (-40 to +85 degrees C ) or Rugged screening (-55 to +105 degrees C) levels. PM3704 is designed to suit cost conscious, avionics and MRO applications.
Features and benefits include:
- Self-contained DC-DC Converter: Fully Functional; Needs No Additional External Capacitors or Components
- Metal Case: Shields Against Radiated Emissions and Susceptibility
- Internal Common Mode EMI Filter: Limits Conducted Emissions
- 200kHz Current Mode Flyback Topology: Fully Regulated Outputs With Low Ripple and Fast Transient Response Times
- On-Off Control Function: Grounding on-off pin inhibits output
- Output Voltage Selection: Other Output Voltages/Combinations May Be Specified; Consult Factory
- Short Circuit Limited: Protected Against Output Overloads and Short Circuits
- Fully Isolated: Inputs to Outputs and Case 500VDC, Outputs to Case 100VDC
- Transients Tolerant: Works Through Input Transients of DO-160G
- Compact, Encapsulated Construction: Small Footprint with Long Life and Reliable Operation in Severe Operational Environments
- Signals, Functions: Power supply watchdog signals – FAIL/OK, PDW, RESET; ADJUST Function.