Optomec launched its Aerosol Jet HD system for electronics packaging at the IPC APEX Expo/conference this week. Highlighting its exhibition will be live demonstrations of the company's new Aerosol Jet HD 3D system. The IPC APEX conference was held from February 26-28 at the San Diego Convention Center in California.
The Aerosol Jet HD System is designed to address today's most demanding electronics packaging challenges, including the increasing density of electronic components. The Aerosol Jet HD System is a compact, configurable production platform that can dispense a wide range of electronics materials with features as small as 20 microns.
The system can also produce larger features, from hundreds of microns to millimeters in a single pass, and print wide-area conformal coatings from 100 nanometers to tens of microns in thickness.
Optomec is offering a variety of opportunities to learn about the latest breakthroughs in 3D printed electronics and packaging, and interact with technology experts, users and partners. A summary of these opportunities follows:
- Tuesday, February 27, at 2:00 p.m.: Media/Press Briefing: “New Product Announcement- Aerosol Jet Printer for Advanced Electronics Packaging" Optomec Executives, Optomec booth #3800.
- Tuesday, February 27, at 3:30 p.m.: Buzz Session: “3D Printed Electronics Are You Ready to Take Your Company to the Next Dimension?” Mike O'Reilly, Director, Aerosol Jet Products (Hall A)
- Wednesday, February 28, at 10:30 a.m.: “Additive Printing Panel” – Mike O'Reilly, Director, Aerosol Jet Products (Booth 1851 – Sponsored by Global SMT & Packaging
- Throughout the duration of the expo: Live demos of the Optomec Aerosol Jet HD System in booth #3800. The Aerosol Jet HD System is based on Optomec’s patented Aerosol Jet technology, a fine-feature material deposition solution used to directly print functional electronic circuitry and components onto low-temperature, non-planar substrates, without the need for masks, screens or subtractive post-processing. Based on the next generation of Optomec's production-proven Aerosol Jet print engine, coupled with in-line automation, the HD System can handle a variety of substrate sizes and compositions, providing high-resolution printed electronics for today's most demanding advanced packaging applications such as 3D interconnects, conformal RF/EMI shielding, and precision micro-dispense of insulators and adhesives.
- Examples of functional printed electronics by Optomec customers such as the University of Maryland, and BAE Systems, on display in booth #3800