Dialog Semiconductor now offers 18W and 15W primary-side pwm controllers with an integrated 800V power BJT. With a switching frequency of 72kHz, the iW1819 and iW1820 enable lower cost, higher reliability power supplies for industrial, networking and white goods applications.
The iW1819 AccuSwitch™ digital pwm controller integrates a highly-accurate control circuit with an 800V BJT power switch to provide a complete solution for off-line power conversion at up to 18W of output power. The iW1819 is optimized for ≥9Vout.
The iW1820 AccuSwitch™ digital pwm controller also integrates a highly-accurate control circuit with an 800V BJT power switch to provide a complete solution for off-line power conversion at up to 15W of output power. The iW1820 optimized for 5Vout.
Dialog's PrimAccurate™ primary-side digital control algorithms eliminate the need for failure-prone optocouplers and ensure excellent cross-regulation accuracy, to enable the longer operating lifetime, high performance and reduced cost required for white goods applications.
The output is designed to smoothly start-up into large capacitors, while maintaining a quick turn-on time. It operates in quasi-resonant mode to optimize efficiency and incorporates a low-power mode that achieves <30mW of no-load power consumption to meet global energy efficiency regulations.
Features of the iW1819 and iW1820 include:
- AccuSwitch™ integrated 800V Power BJT
- PrimAccurate™ Primary-Side Control
- No Optocoupler Needed
- Intelligent Digital Control Loop for Accurate Voltage Cross-Regulation
- Meets Global Energy Efficiency Standards
- <30mW No-Load Power Consumption
- Quasi-resonant Control for Optimal Efficiency
- Adaptively Controlled Soft Start-up
- Fast, Smooth Start-up into Large Capacitive Loads (up to 6,000µF)
- EZ-EMI® Design
- Reduces Filtering Requirements
- Easily Meets Global EMI Specifications
- Fully Protected from Fault Conditions
- Built-In Over-Temperature Protection
- Output Over-Voltage and Over-Current Protection
- Sense-Resistor Short Circuit Protection
- Thermally Efficient SO-10 Batwing Package